Author Archives: impact

Good news for Filipino and Indian nurses!

American immigration update – some good news for Filipino nurses and Indian nurses!

  • The EB-3 priority date for nurses in the Philippines has moved to 6/1/2015! The previous month’s priority date was 5/15/2014. This is over year of movement for the second month in a row.  This is such good news!
  • EB-2 Dates- have retrogressed to 4/1/2015 (for both PH and ROW).
  • EB-3’s for the Rest of World (ROW)- Current!!
  • EB-3’s India- 7/15/2006 (5 month’s forward) .  There is a new program for nurses from India
  • EB-3’s China- 1/1/2012 (No movement)
  • Many candidates will be current and need their NVC documents in ASAP so their cases can move forward. It is important that you keep all your documentation up-to-date.  If your license has expired, reactivate it – the same with IELTS and Visa Screen.
  • IELTS is good for two years and the Visa Screen (VSC) is good for five years at time of petitioning. 
  • Employers are waiting.


We have more good news related to the August Visa Bulletin that was just released.  The India priority dates moved up a few months and are now sitting at 7/15/2006! It is predicted that they will continue to move up.

Our employer is filing I-140 Transfers for all of our India country of origin nurses who have priority dates (doesn’t matter what year). What does this mean for you?

FOR THE RN: We are offering an India PD Sign on Bonus. It’s a $3000 sign on bonus. The nurse will receive instant $350 USD upon I-140 Transfer filing, then they will receive $1325 when they commence work and $1325 upon completion of 90 days of work in the USA. We feel this will help promote the employer’s program to all nurses!

Also, don’t forget the IELTS Assistance Program (all of the nurses are now automatically enrolled via the addendum they sign in their contracts). This will help them study their IELTS, take predictive assessments and allow us to pay for their IELTS Exam on their behalf.

Looking forward to getting India PD RN’s from SNI.


Contact us for help and support with your application.

Know your rights!

US Immigration Law – Know your rights!

Do you know what your immigration rights are if you are stopped by a law enforcement officer for any reason in America?


Visit the link below to a downloadable pocket wallet card. This is a card that can be carried by individuals who would like to know what their rights are. Carry it with you always.

It can also serve as a way for you to tell a law enforcement agent that you would rather talk to your lawyer before you speak to a police officer or law-enforcement agent. You do not have to give them the name of the lawyer but if you are stopped and don’t have a lawyer, quote the information on the card and contact an immigration lawyer immediately.

This information is by the courtesy of David Nachman, Attorney-at-Law.

Download Here – In English

Download Here – En Espanol


Please share this information with family and friends – spread the word! 

Moving to Canada?

Some suggestions to help you adjust more easily during the first few months after arrival Hopefully you will have accommodation to move in to!

  1. Find the nearest grocery store.
  2. Have an ATM card – you can get cash from the ATM machines.
  3. Check to be sure that your card is acceptable at that machine. Most stores will not accept a debit card unless it is backed up by Visa or Mastercard.
  4. Bring enough cash with you to cover your first thirty-day expenses, including deposits for housing.
  5. Get your Social Insurance Card from the local government office. This is needed to work, apply for government programs and benefits and a drivers license. Learn more by visiting
  6. Visit your local bank and open a bank account.
  7. Establish some credit as soon as you can.
  8. Find the nearest local school for your children. Ask a neighbor for advice.
  9. Reach out to your neighbors, your church and community. They will help always help you.
  10. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
  11. Join cultural associations, seek out community members with a similar background.
  12. Maintain some familiar traditions.

It is a huge adjustment to any new country. Canada is huge in size with three time zones.  It is is so diversified and has so much to offer.  Visit the official Canadian website at  It’s fantastic and full of information.

Living and working in the USA – money


There are many things you need to know about living and working in America. SNI will post a practical, and hopefully, helpful, guide of things you need to know as you embark on your exciting journey to the USA!

The more you know before you leave your home country, the happier you will be and the easier it will be to adjust to your new surroundings. Each week we post a different section from our SNI Booklet. In this post, we are talking about your money.

Traveling Money

You are advised to bring at least $4,000 (US dollars) with you at the time you travel. You will need money to live on until you receive your first paycheck. Your first salary depends upon your first workday within the employer’s payroll system. Most employers pay on a biweekly basis. We suggest traveling with refundable travelers checks or use your ATM cash card once you get to America.

You will need some cash as you travel, preferably denominations of $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. These are useful for baggage carts at the airport, tipping, taxis, fast food restaurants etc. Again-use your ATM upon arrival.

Travelers Checks

Travelers Checks are the recommended way to carry money. They are safe, protect you against loss or theft and they can be used as freely as cash when purchased in small denominations. If you do not want to purchase traveler’s checks use the ATM upon arrival!

Your national currency is difficult and expensive to change to US money. Airports and banks are the most likely places to exchange and exchange rates vary daily. There is always a fee for changing currency.

Bank Drafts

Allow at least 10 working days to clear.

Currency denominations

COINS: $.01 (penny), $.05 (nickel), $0.10 (dime), $0.25 (quarter), $.50 (half dollar).

CURRENCY: $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $1000. All ‘bills’ look alike. They are the same green color and size. The most commonly used are the $1, $5, $10, $20 and $50 bills. Check your change carefully!


It is customary in the US to tip in bars, restaurants, taxis, hair salons, etc. Generally, you are expected to tip 15 to 20 percent of your bill, depending on quality of the service you receive. No tip is required in cafeterias where you serve yourself. A minimum of $1-2 is acceptable per bag for porter, baggage handlers at airports and railroad stations. Waiters, waitresses, servers get minimum wage and make their living from their tips. If you feel the service warrants it, tip well. You will be thanked and get good service the next time!

Checking Accounts

Bring enough money with you to pay for your essentials before you get your first pay check and can open a checking account. You must have a social security number to open a checking account. Your hospital employer or agency will guide you in this process.

Credit Cards

Please take at least one credit card with you and an ATM card if you have one. It is essential for hotel services, car rentals, etc. Remember – when you use your credit cards in the US, bills will be sent to your home country address, payable in the currency of your country. You cannot transfer your account to be paid in the US. When you arrive, you must write to your credit card company and give them your new address.

Interest rates vary depending on accessibility of money. It is OK to negotiate a lower interest rate on your credit cards. The more credit available, the lower the interest rate you can negotiate.

HINTS: a) Open a store account (Sears, Penney’s etc.) as soon as you can as these are simple to open. b) Do not buy a car with cash. Get a loan even if it is for only six months. c) When/if you have a credit card, charge, and then make monthly payments even if only for a short while. This all helps establish credit and remember that the USA RUNS ON CREDIT! It is essential to have it.


Deposits are often required, either in cash up-front, or as part of your payment for various goods and services necessary for your daily living, such as telephone, electricity, accommodation

Deposits may also take the form of “down payments” when making major purchases such as a car or furniture. Major purchases usually require credit verification. Research the area where you work to locate a car dealership or furniture store that will extend credit based on your employment contract. Check at your place of employment for help.

Daily services such as electricity, telephone, gas, water etc. may or may not require a start-up deposit. Check locally.


Taxation has three levels: Federal, State and Municipal. Federal taxes are the same everywhere, while State taxes vary from State to State. This reflects significantly on the cost of living between various locations in the USA.

Federal and State income tax (if applicable) is deducted automatically from your pay check; the amount deducted varies depending upon your filing status. Your tax filing status is determined during the processing period with your new employer. You will be assisted with completing the necessary forms during the first days of your start date. Check with your recruiter, human resources or the personnel director at your place of employment. Your tax status and gross income will determine the amount of tax which is to be withheld. In addition to State and Federal tax, nominal amounts are deducted from gross earnings for State disability insurance, unemployment insurance and social security.

Almost everything you buy in the USA will be “plus sales tax”. This ranges from 4% to 8%. Expect this tax to be added to the marked price in shops and restaurants. Remember, this is sales tax and not a service charge.

You must file a statement of Federal and State earnings, showing income tax withheld, by April 15th annually. Your employer will provide you with a W-2 form by January 31st each year, which indicates the amount of earnings and taxes paid for the year. Consult a person who files taxes for a living.

Working in Australia or New Zealand


Agency RN placements let you join the staff with all the benefits that other hospital employees enjoy.  These are not travel nurse positions, but are hospital placements from 1 year to residency and citizenship.

Salary: Nurses may earn a package of $62-78,000Aud per year which is adequate to support a family.    This package may include shift differentials, salary packaging and relocation assistance. “Salary packaging”, offered by some facilities, may reduce taxation on living expenses. That is, your regular bills can be paid out before taxed salary is paid to you. Paid vacation time is up to 5 weeks per year with additional public holidays.

Relocation: Assistance with airfare and initial accommodation varies with each hospital contract. Shared accommodation is about $105-18/week.

Process for Licensure: We facilitate your application and guide you through the licensure and immigration requirements and study and work visas. You will be required to have a visa medical, and pay visa fees of $AUD450 for each visa.


English tests:  If you trained in a language other than English, or the official language of that country is not English, or if your nursing education program does not closely match the Australian or New Zealand nursing education program, then you may be directed by the NZ or Australian nursing authority to complete an 8-12 week Competency or Bridging course, during which, you are not permitted to work. The nurse is responsible for accommodation and airfares while completing the assessment course.  We can assist with accommodation in some locations.


New Zealand: The 8-10 week nursing bridging course in New Zealand is called Competency Assessment Program and costs NZD$6000 ($US4200) not including travel or living costs.  You will need to have completed a 3 year nursing course.  OET “B” pass, or: IELTS (Academic) 7.0 on every band within 12 months, in all attempts, is required.  Once completed, this course enables you to gain an Australian Nursing licence.


Australia: The cheapest Australian Bridging course is $Au11000 in Sydney. Nurses who have not completed a 3 year initial nursing course will have to register for a bridging course in Australia.   If you have a 2-year nursing program, (e.g. from a US community college), you may be directed to complete a year of study in a University, and this course allows you to work for up to 20 hours a week. Australia requires a pass rate of 7.0 in each Band of IELTS unless your Nursing studies were taught and assessed in English and you completed your secondary education in English.


English Language Study: If you have not reached the English levels, required above, we have 2 programs available.

IELTS on-line study course (contact

And: NZ English College where you can study English in NZ for 26 weeks and work up to 20 hours a week while completing the requirements for IELTS/OET and NZ registration. The cost is NZ$280 per week and the total amount must be paid up-front.  You may earn up to $200 per week as a nurse aid in aged care or any other occupation to assist with living expenses.  Email  for more information on this program.


Selection for our placement services:  We decide to work with you on the basis of your IELTS results, your resume, (indicating at least 3 years of acute nursing experience), and a phone interview.


Fees and costs: Our fees depend on which program you intend to pursue and vary from a refundable administration fee of $USD350 to non-refundable fee of $5-1500, depending on your need for reviewing documentation, assisting with education facility applications, liaising with the nursing board, and  arranging accommodation for courses.  This way we ensure that we spend our time giving individual attention to those nurses who are in our program.  This whole process may take up to 18 months before you finally get to start work. We support you through the various processes of the applications for RN licensure, (and, if required, pre-registration program with study visa), followed by job placement with working visa and travel arrangements).

We refund the administration fee once you have completed your 3 month probation period in your job.


Placement as an RN: When you are close to completing the RN nursing bridging course for Australia or NZ, we will submit your file for consideration by an Australian or NZ hospital to sponsor you for a Long-Term working visa.  The Long-Term visa covers your family members, is renewable for a further three years and after 6 months you may also apply for residency.  The other option is to apply for an independent visa.

Useful websites:

Please contact me again when you can provide the required length of acute nursing experience, passing IELTS score and can confirm your ability to pay for the pre-registration course.

Please note: we cannot submit you for any positions at hospitals where you have already applied directly.

Writing a good CV

Your curriculum vitae/resume will play a major part in your personal profile that we will submit to our client hospitals on your behalf.  Take this opportunity to tell the hospitals about your education, skills and experience.

Please note the following:

Start with your Title (Ms/Mr etc), full name and contact details.

Do not include your age, religion or personal interests.


  • Make sure you include all necessary dates. It is preferable to commence your employment history with your current or most recent employment first.  Remember to describe the size of the hospital, whether it is public or private, the number of beds and the specialities it covers.
  • Under “Additional Courses” please include any study days, staff nurse development days, or other courses you may think are relevant.
  • In “Duties”, please describe the type of patient diagnoses and your main responsibilities on the ward where you work or previously worked. Include any information on how often you took charge and whether you supervised any student nurses.
  • Under Personal Profile please write a short personal paragraph to include why you enjoy nursing and what aspects of nursing most appeals to you, your future aspirations and why you would like to work in the country where you are applying and what you think you will gain from the experience.

Here’s a template that you can use to  build you own CV:


NAME:                                                                      DATE OF BIRTH:


ADDRESS:                                                                NATIONALITY:











DATES:                                                                     POSITION HELD:              


TYPE OF UNIT/WARD:                                        NUMBER OF BEDS:












DATES:                                                                     POSITION HELD:              


TYPE OF UNIT/WARD:                                        NUMBER OF BEDS:










DATES:                                                                     POSITION HELD:              


TYPE OF UNIT/WARD:                                        NUMBER OF BEDS:








DATES:                                                                     POSITION HELD:              


TYPE OF UNIT/WARD:                                        NUMBER OF BEDS:







































REFEREES: (include phone and email contacts if possible)

Green Card Process for International RN’s

Green Card Process for International RN’s



  • Complete Agency application forms
  • Obtain study materials (Agency recommended complete package $200, includes audiotapes or CD’s, NCLEX review book, pharmacology review book and “nursing made insanely easy” review book.)
  • Apply to Nursing Board and/or  CGFNS       ($160-$275)    (3 months)
  • Study, study, study                                                                 (concurrent with above)
  • Complete CES application if required by board. ($275)        (concurrent with above)
  • Issued ATT (Authorisation To Test) by Board                      (2-3 months)
  • Book exam with Vue ($200)                                                   (2 months)
  • Sit NCLEX/CGFNS                           (travel costs)               (own schedule)
  • Provide result and documentation for visa to agency             (2-3 weeks)
  • Interview for position arranged by agency                             (1 month)
  • Green card application started by attorney                             (2 months)
  • INS issues receipt notice                                                        (4 months)
  • Complete visa screen documentation ($275)
  • Sit NCLEX if only have CGFNS                                           (2 months)
  • Complete packet 3 for Attorney/INS                                     (3-4 months)
  • Consulate application/fee (up to $250 per family member)   (2 months)
  • Consulate required medical per family member (costs vary) (1 month)
  • Interview at local consulate                                                    (3-4 months)
  • Arrange travel and accommodation!


  • Alternative option for CGFNS certificated nurses: sit NCLEX after arrival in US.


This is a lengthy process that each nurse can take at her own pace, step by step.

All costs are in US$$ and can be paid directly to the organizations concerned.

Mental Health Nursing positions in New Zealand

Mental Health Nursing positions in New Zealand

This role has day to day nursing responsibility for assessing and managing the needs of clients that are referred to the service with an acute mental health presentation and increased risk. The role extends to offering / providing intensive home support to clients and their families as an alternative to in-patient admission.

Auckland District Health Board
Community Mental Health Nurse

Registered Psychiatric Nurse; or RN with Entry to Speciality Practice MH certificate

  • Registration with Nursing Council (NZ) or willing to apply immediately.
  • Minimum of 2 years mental health nursing experience.
  • Level 3 nursing Professional Development Registration Program or willing to work towards this.
  • Trained as Duly Authorized Officer or willing to train for this role (involves knowledge and administration of the compulsory assessment and treatment mental health act).

We are keen to secure a number of Mental Health Nurses who are experienced in working in Community Settings in particular Crisis Teams. We have a few vacancies available at our Community Mental Health Centres within central Auckland. Many are based out of the city in Ponsonby, St Lukes, Panmure and Greenlane, transport to each is easy and there is often a range of parking available. A drivers licence is required however as there is some travel to clients homes.

These are permanent, full time roles. They are rostered shifts (morning, evening and nights) and there is some work required for the Urgent Response Service as well occasionally which is also rostered. See attached information.

We’re looking for nurses with more than 3 years’ experience, it would be great if the registration process has begun, but the hospital can work with them on this if required. We will provide some relocation to assist and are always happy to have an informal chat first.

If you have anyone currently interested in considering opportunities or someone who is ready to make the move please let us know! New Zealand USA


Download the PDF here

Heathrow Aviation Academy

Heathrow Aviation Academy in association with SNI presents

“Award in Air Cabin Crew” training Course delivered by British Airways at the London Heathrow Airport training facilities”

Enroll Now
Competitive Advantage:
• 15 Days intensive course covering a range of theory and practical sessions
• Course delivered by British Airways at the London Heathrow airport training facilities
• Taught by experienced instructors who train British Airways Cabin Crew staff
• State of the art training facilities set within London Heathrow Airport
• Gain Knowledge and skills needed to succeed as cabin crew
• Increase your exposure and employment prospects globally
• Customer service and employability skills training included
• Receive an “Award in Air Cabin Crew” produced by British Airways upon completion
• Apply to any airline worldwide and have a competitive advantage over others
• Visit the famous landmarks in the UK whilst studying
• IELTS 5.5 or B2 level English or equivalent testing to be carried out internally

Go to: for entry details and requirements.

COSTS: All fees are in GBP (British Pounds). Credit cards accepted.

  • Heathrow Aviation Academy application fee- £100
  • Heathrow Aviation Academy course fee- £1800.
  • Accommodation – Approx £350 per person for 14 nights with continental breakfast (based on twin room shared with one person)
  • Free shuttle bus daily from accommodation to BAAA.
  • Airport meet and greet.
  • Group pick up transportation cost £20-40 GBP per person each way
  • Lunch and Dinner available at the training facilities canteen.
  • Flights- student pays – SNI will help arrange.
  • Visa – student pays (approximately £60 for visitor/student visa)
  • SNI service fee- $250 (US) – Admissions processing, visa support, flights reservations support and general advice.

When you complete the course spend some time exploring London. Tours arranged!

For more information contact us and/or visit our website.: (USA) (USA)

Scan the QR Code

Working as a cook in the USA

Working as a cook in the USA! We arrange guaranteed jobs for candidates.
Please send your CV and profile so that we can submit to our partner in the USA.
Our partner will check your profile for assessment and we will then schedule and interview. If candidates’ request and employers needs match, we start the document processing.

All candidates will receive legal work permit

  • Programme content Internship or training
  • Programme period is minimum 12 months
  • They work min 32 hours  p/w ( they usually work 40h )
  • We work with hotels Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriot vb.
  • Salary is $10- $13 per hour
  • Candidate needs to have a cooking diploma OR 5 years working experience.
  • If they work – proof of employment certificate needed.

Locations :

  • Indianapolis, IN (we are very active there and can arrange best hotels )
  • Houston, TX
  • Palm Springs, CA
  • Memphis, TN
  • Langhorn, PA
  • Austin, TX
  • Lander, WY

Please contact us for further information, or email