Nursing in Ireland
What you need to apply to BNI course
- International applicants must have an international recognised Diploma in Nursing
- International students will require a degree of fluency in the English language. An overall score of 6.5 in the IELTS Exam is required.
Applicants with an overall IELTS score (or equivalent) of 6.0 will be accepted onto the programme but will be required to take IELTS training classes between January – June in addition to
BN International modules. Students must re-sit IELTS exam in July and must achieve an overall score of 6.5 to be able to progress onto the remaining BN International modules between
September – December. Students who do not attain an IELTS of 6.5 in July must exit the programme.
There are options for student whose English proficiency (IELTS) is not to the level required. Depending on their level, they can either attend a Pre-sessional English course to bring up to the level required or 1 year foundation programme to prepare them for entry on to the Nursing International degree course.
Meets minimum requirements re English language…. Minimum IELTS of 6.0 for direct entry. Foundation programme available for students with IELTS of at least 5.0
- International applicants must be registered nurses in country of origin
Nursing in Ireland
All nurses who wish to work in Ireland are required to register with the NMBI. NMBI maintains the Register of Nurses and Midwives in Ireland. It is illegal to practise as a nurse or a midwife if you are not on the Register.
NMBI carry out a full education assessment on all applications for registration.
Click here to download the Summary NMBI Registration Process.
To be eligible to apply for registration to the register, you must:
- Hold a current registration, or licence without restriction, with the competent authority in the country in which you qualified or have been practising
- If you completed your nurse/midwifery registration education programme more than five years prior to the date of application, you must have practiced for at least 12 months during that five year period
- Ensure you have the correct clinical and theory instruction hours (currently 1533 hours of theory and 2300 clinical hours) in your original Diploma in Nursing program to meet the requirements of the Nursing Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Meet the English language competence requirements; IELTS score of 7.0.
- Have completed extra courses leading to registration as a first level nurse, if you hold the following qualifications
- State enrolled nurse
- State certified nurse
- Licensed practical nurse
- Vocational nurse
- Nurse’s aide, and
- An associate degree (United States)
International Education Advisory Services,
53 Springhill Ave,
Skype: Ieas Ireland
Short term assignments (3-6 months), live in accommodation; weekly salary. Spend Spring and Summer in the UK. Ideal for high school and college students (18-years and above)
Other opportunities available. Click here for the brochure or contact us at SNI.
Heathrow Aviation Academy in association with SNI presents
“Award in Air Cabin Crew” training Course delivered by British Airways at the London Heathrow Airport training facilities”
• 15 Days intensive course covering a range of theory and practical sessions
• Course delivered by British Airways at the London Heathrow airport training facilities
• Taught by experienced instructors who train British Airways Cabin Crew staff
• State of the art training facilities set within London Heathrow Airport
• Gain Knowledge and skills needed to succeed as cabin crew
• Increase your exposure and employment prospects globally
• Customer service and employability skills training included
• Receive an “Award in Air Cabin Crew” produced by British Airways upon completion
• Apply to any airline worldwide and have a competitive advantage over others
• Visit the famous landmarks in the UK whilst studying
• IELTS 5.5 or B2 level English or equivalent testing to be carried out internally
Go to: http://www.heathrowaviationacademy.co.uk for entry details and requirements.
COSTS: All fees are in GBP (British Pounds). Credit cards accepted.
- Heathrow Aviation Academy application fee- £100
- Heathrow Aviation Academy course fee- £1800.
- Accommodation – Approx £350 per person for 14 nights with continental breakfast (based on twin room shared with one person)
- Free shuttle bus daily from accommodation to BAAA.
- Airport meet and greet.
- Group pick up transportation cost £20-40 GBP per person each way
- Lunch and Dinner available at the training facilities canteen.
- Flights- student pays – SNI will help arrange.
- Visa – student pays (approximately £60 for visitor/student visa)
- SNI service fee- $250 (US) – Admissions processing, visa support, flights reservations support and general advice.
When you complete the course spend some time exploring London. Tours arranged!
For more information contact us and/or visit our website.:
Pat@statesideinternational.com (USA) Christie@statesideinternational.com (USA)
Study and Work Program: SNI is pleased to offer a new program in cooperation with Shelbourne College in Dublin, Ireland. You are allowed to work 20-hours a week while studying – full time on holidays and weekends.
The College is located in beautiful Dublin, Ireland and offers study programs in the School of Business, School of Health and Social Care, School of Hospitality and Tourism, English Language Academy, Engineering and Technology. These are Diploma Courses that can lead to a Master’s Program. For example: if you have a BSN in nursing, you will attend the Health Care Management Course at Level-7 for one year with a Post Graduate Diploma awarded. Then take a ‘top-up’ course for 7-months which will be the equivalent of a Master’s Degree. This program applies to any applicant who has a Bachelor’s Degree. All courses are accredited by global awarding bodies.
The college has a department that assists with job placement and accommodation. Student visas are quite easy to get and Ireland needs more trained, qualified workers. Salary is higher and cost of living lower than in the UK.
Benefits of this program:
- Very reasonable tuition fees plus $600 paid to SNI for admin work and processing.
- No college registration fee required. Tuition required 30 days prior to start date.
- Full tuition fee payback if visa is not granted.
- Easy visa process for Ireland.
- Students can stay up to seven years in Ireland.
- One-year work permit is granted after course completion.
- Good job prospects after completing studies.
- Part time work allowed with a limit of 20-hours per week and full-time on holidays.
- Job placement department within the college.
- Excellent academic staff.
- Dublin, Ireland location. Dublin, Ireland is a beautiful country with a rich heritage and long history. Dublin is modern and the home of several Fortune 500 companies. Why not “Broaden your Horizons” and study in Ireland!
Intake: June and September, 2015
For more information contact Pat@statesideinternational.com or call SNI at 001-850-225-1249.