Green Card Process for International RN’s
- Complete Agency application forms
- Obtain study materials (Agency recommended complete package $200, includes audiotapes or CD’s, NCLEX review book, pharmacology review book and “nursing made insanely easy” review book.)
- Apply to Nursing Board and/or CGFNS ($160-$275) (3 months)
- Study, study, study (concurrent with above)
- Complete CES application if required by board. ($275) (concurrent with above)
- Issued ATT (Authorisation To Test) by Board (2-3 months)
- Book exam with Vue ($200) (2 months)
- Sit NCLEX/CGFNS (travel costs) (own schedule)
- Provide result and documentation for visa to agency (2-3 weeks)
- Interview for position arranged by agency (1 month)
- Green card application started by attorney (2 months)
- INS issues receipt notice (4 months)
- Complete visa screen documentation ($275)
- Sit NCLEX if only have CGFNS (2 months)
- Complete packet 3 for Attorney/INS (3-4 months)
- Consulate application/fee (up to $250 per family member) (2 months)
- Consulate required medical per family member (costs vary) (1 month)
- Interview at local consulate (3-4 months)
- Arrange travel and accommodation!
- Alternative option for CGFNS certificated nurses: sit NCLEX after arrival in US.
This is a lengthy process that each nurse can take at her own pace, step by step.
All costs are in US$$ and can be paid directly to the organizations concerned.