IELTS (International English Language Testing Service)
IELTS is a key requirement for nursing in Western, English-speaking countries – USA, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada. To work as a nurse in the USA or CANADA you will need an overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS and a 7 in Speaking.
To work as a nurse in the UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, AUSTRALIA or NEW ZEALAND you will need an overall score of 7 on the IELTS and a 7 in each of the four parts of the test (Speaking, Reading, Writing, Listening).
The IELTS results are valid for 2 years from the date you take the test. If you do not have the required scores on the IELTS we cannot find you a nursing position in the above listed countries and you will have to register for an English speaking program prior to placement.
SNI offers an inexpensive online IELTS study course with Impact Learning Services New Zealand – it is an excellent course and is highly recommended. Here are some of the details:
- Complete preparation course for Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS:
- Over 350 video presentations with audio and transcripts in over 100 lessons
- Complete practice tests
- Native English speakers with years of teaching experience
- Course co-written by international IELTS author
- Free IELTS tips eBook for all enrolled members
- End-of-lesson tests to check your understanding
- Highly effective with proven results
- Up-to-date with 2011 IELTS standards
- For more information and to sign up for the Online IELTS Study Course, simply click the link below.